The Länsirannikon Uutiset / West Coast News is the Vancouver Finlandia Club’s Finnish-English newspaper, and the only Finnish language newspaper in BC.
It is a great source of club information for members near and far. The WCN contains articles in Finnish and English, with news and information about the Finnish-Canadian and Nordic communities in BC, as well as news and cultural information from Finland. There are photos of local events, special interest articles, submissions by community members, and announcements and event notices for the VFC and other Finnish organizations in BC.
The WCN is published 10 times annually; a subscription is included in VFC Membership. To subscribe to the newspaper without being a VFC member please contact the Editor.
- Full page / sivu (10.25″w x 15.375″h) $300
- 1/2 page / sivu (10.25″w x 7.5″h) $185
- 1/4 page / sivu (5″w x 7.5″h) $90
- 1/8 page / sivu (5″w x 3.5″h) $45
For more information on Advertising, Submissions, or comments contact Editor: w[email protected]
The West Coast News was first published in 1975. Previous to that there were Finnish newsletters and club bulletins which evolved into the newspaper we know and love today. A more detailed history of the WCN, can be found on the , or in the .
You can find a digital archive of past issues on Issuu
We are immensely grateful for all the hard work and dedication that the editors of the West Coast News have shown throughout the paper’s history.
THANK YOU to:
- Elsa Marlowe 2020 Sept – present
- Marja Mattila 2016-2020
- Marja-Liisa Hassinen 2010-2016
- Ron Ericson 2004-2010
- Eila Itkonen (with Ritva Mourato) 2002-2003
- Ritva Mourato 1995-2002
- Marja-Liisa Hassinen 1989-1994
- Taimi & Matti Rautiainen 1975-1988
- Ray Rinta, Eila Itkonen & Sinikka Hämäläinen (Vancouver Finlandia Club Tiedottaa) 1971-1975
Editor / Päätoimittaja
West Coast News / Länsirannikon Uutiset